- This event has passed.
Foundation 2 Blade: Industry Training for Maryland
March 16 – March 18 EDT
About this Event:
Join the Business Network for Offshore Wind for a Foundation 2 Blade (F2B) training program sponsored by the Maryland Energy Administration. The three-part, in-person training is $150 (a savings of about $2,350) to Maryland businesses interested in entering the offshore wind energy industry. Enroll in classes that will take place March 16-18, 2022 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Foundation 2 Blade (F2B) is an extensive training program with a singular purpose: to help companies identify where they fit into the growing offshore wind supply chain and creating more opportunities to capitalize on prospective leads. F2B’s training course features six modules that demystify the supply chain, spur innovation, and present a market entry path for a company.
March 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST.
- Module 1 – Offshore Wind Overview
- Module 2 – Siting and Permitting
March 17 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST.
- Module 3 – Manufacturing
- Module 4 – Construction & Installations
March 18 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. EST.
- Module 5 – Operation & Maintenance
- Module 6 – How to Get Involved
The Value of Your Investment
Graduates of the course will have an understanding of the different phases of project development, operational knowledge, and a vocabulary of the various component parts. Foundation 2 Blade reduces greatly reduces your research and onboarding costs, connects you with industry experts, and offers you several avenues to successfully enter the market. Here are some of the other benefits you will receive:
- Complete overview of the OSW industry, including structure and operations
- Expert 1:1 consulting time with industry experts, including developers, Tier 1 suppliers, and Network policy experts
- Industry round-table: come prepared with your questions and we will connect you with experts in the industry to give you the answers you need.
- B2B matchmaking: we will help connect you with the right businesses
- 16 hours of in-person instructions
- 250-page textbook that offers clear, updated information
- Hours of video tutorials
- An overview of “who’s who” in the industry
Maryland F2B participants will receive 18 hours of instruction from industry experts, a 250+ page digital training manual at the start of the class and a hard copy at the end, PDF classroom handouts, and access to more than 5 hours of supplemental educational videos. The course content and lectures are discounted to $150 for Maryland businesses – a savings of $2,350 – made possible by the generous support of the Maryland Energy Administration.
Can’t make our March delivery? Email Sam at firstname.lastname@example.org to hear first about our next Maryland discounted delivery