The Business Network for Offshore Wind is expanding its board of directors by adding four new members.
The new members are as follows:
Dr. Tim Fischer, vice director of Ramboll’s global wind division, has a master’s degree in wind energy from Denmark’s Technical University and a doctoral degree in aerospace engineering from the University of Stuttgart. In his role at Ramboll, he is responsible for the company’s 150-person offshore wind unit.
Matthew Palmer, vice president/offshore wind manager at WSP USA, has more than 30 years’ experience in the acquisition, development and management of power generation assets. He became the engineering project manager for Cape Wind, and he currently leads the U.S. offshore wind business for WSP, where he also serves as principal on the design of the WTG foundations for Vineyard Wind.
Nat Spencer, director of global renewable business development at Oceaneering International, is an experienced corporate strategist.
Joseph Tirone, partner and co-leader of the energy and natural resources sector at Womble Bond Dickinson, has spent over 20 years in private practice and also served as vice president and assistant general counsel to Cogentrix, an independent power producer.
“As the network develops an industry work plan and implements strategic initiatives to stay out in front of this rapidly growing and changing industry, these industry leaders will increase the diversity of the skills and backgrounds on our board,” comments Liz Burdock, president and CEO of the network.
The network’s existing board members are as follows:
- Kevin Pearce, business development manager for U.S. offshore wind grid access at Siemens;
- Lauren Burm, head of public affairs at Ørsted;
- Jay Borkland, senior engineering manager in the low-carbon sector at Lloyd’s Register Energy Americas and a research fellow and professor at Tufts University;
- Katarina Ennerfelt, CEO of Toroid Corp.;
- Alexander Giles, principal at Semmes, Bowen & Semmes;
- Don Hairston, CEO of Level 3;
- Andrew Michael, administrative vice president of M&T Bank;
- Cindy Plavier Truitt, chief business officer at Humanim;
- Dr. Lorry Wagner, president and CEO of Lake Erie Energy Development Corporation (LEEDCo); and
- Joel Whitman, founder of Whitman Consulting Group Inc.