AXYS Technologies, Inc. (AXYS) has more than forty years of experience as a world leader in remote environmental monitoring. Our FLiDAR WindSentinel buoys are used by offshore wind farm developers to assess the wind resource needed to determine the energy potential of their wind farm site. These are multi-year projects, with often several projects in a region going concurrently. AXYS owns and operates the buoys and the data network, providing a full turnkey solution that is suitable for harsh environments.
For each geographic area that AXYS operates in, we build a network of local suppliers who can provide one-off or ongoing support for our onshore and offshore activities. We look to work with reliable solution partners who are interested in the opportunity to enter the offshore wind market at its early stages.
AXYS is looking to expand our existing supplier network with additional qualified suppliers able to support an upcoming floating LiDAR measurement campaign with Maryland In-State expenditures (see 3C for definition). The AXYS FLiDAR WindSentinel will be deployed to a location northeast of Ocean City’s coastline for at least a year starting around January 2019, with local preparation activities to begin in October. To support our FLiDAR campaign, we are seeking a variety of services:
- Vessel providers to support our floating LiDAR operations, primarily deployment and recovery of the FLiDAR WindSentinel and its mooring, or the transport of personnel for transfer at sea;
- Port-side equipment for managing the FLiDAR WindSentinel, including but not limited to cranes, stairs, forklifts will need to be rented at a port convenient to the project location;
- Operation coordination to aid with local project coordination of vessels, port space, equipment and personnel;
- Mooring support in the form of mooring design review, component sourcing and certification;
- Onshore field technicians with current applicable H&S qualifications that could be trained to support onshore commissioning, decommissioning, maintenance and repair port-side;
- Offshore field technicians with current applicable H&S qualifications and experienced with offshore deployment and recovery and/or maintenance at sea;
- Logistics and storage to support the transportation of the FLiDAR WindSentinel and coordination for receipt and pick-up of goods, deliver parts to site, and provide a storage space for spare parts inventory and tools for the duration of the project; and,
- Emergency response includes both emergency response vessels and equipment providers familiar with BOEM Oil Spill Response Plan.
The purpose of this Request for Qualifications (RfQ) is to determine if there are adequate qualified providers that could support AXYS’ floating LiDAR measurement campaign.